Samsung Data Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Phones and Tablets
No matter you need to recover deleted files from internal memory or SD card of a Samsung phone or tablet, or retrieve files from a not-working Samsung mobile device, you must be able to find the answer in this post.
How to recover deleted files from phone memory of Samsung?
- Free download and install the Samsung recovery tool (for Windows, for Mac);
- Run the Samsung data recovery app;
- Choose Recover (Recover data from your phone);
- Connect your Samsung mobile to the PC, and you’ll be led to the Recover interface;
- Follow the steps to enable USB debugging on your Samsung phone or tablet:
For Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+:
Go to Settings > About phone > Software information, tap Build number 7 times, go back to Settings and tap Developer options, toggle on Developer options, and then enable USB debugging.
For Samsung Galaxy S7, S6 and S5:
Go to Settings > About device > Software info, tap Build number 7 times, go back to Settings and select Developer options, turn on Developer options, and then activate USB debugging.
For Samsung Galaxy Note series and J series:
Go to Settings > About device > Software info, tap Build number 7 times, go back to Settings and select Developer options, switch on Developer options, and then activate USB debugging.
- Select the deleted data types that you want to recover from the Samsung phone or tablet, and click Next.
Currently, Contacts, Messaging, Call History, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Gallery, Audio, Videos, Documents are recoverable with the help of the Samsung recovery software.
- Several minutes later, the Samsung data recovery software lists all the data found by categories.
- Preview the data found and check the data that you would like to recover.
- Click Recover to save the found data to your computer.
How to recover deleted data from broken Samsung phone or tablet?
If you Samsung mobile is damaged, or you cannot do any operations on the device due to black screen, broken screen, unresponsive screen or any other reason, you still have an opportunity to save the data from the broken mobile.
Currently only the following Samsung phones and tablets are supported by the Samsung mobile data recovery software to recover files from broken Samsung devices:
As a Samsung phone data recovery app:
- Galaxy Note 3
- Galaxy Note 4
- Galaxy Note 4 Edge
- Galaxy Note 8.0
- Galaxy Note II
- Galaxy S3
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy S4 Active
- Galaxy S4 LTE-A
- Galaxy S4 Mini
- Galaxy S5
- Galaxy S5 Duos
- Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S6 Edge
- Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
As a Samsung tablet data recovery software:
- Galaxy Tab 7
- Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
- Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
- Galaxy Tab S 8.4
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Download the Samsung data recovery for free (for Windows, for Mac)and install it on your PC or Mac;
- Launch the Samsung recovery app on your computer;
- Click “Recover”;
- Connect your broken Samsung mobile to the computer;
- Choose the Recover from broken phone tab on the left;
- Select the file types that you want to get back from the Samsung device and click Start;
- Choose the state of the broken Samsung phone or tablet from the two options:
- Touch doesn’t work or cannot access the phone
- Black or broken screen.
- Select the Device Name and Device Model from the lists of Samsung phones and tablets;
It’s rather important to select the right Samsung device model in this step, as incorrect device model may lead to bricking of the device or other failures beyond redemption.
- Click Next and type in and confirm the right device name and model;
- Put the Samsung device into Download Mode by the following steps:
Power off the phone. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons on the phone.
Press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- The android recovery for Samsung starts to analyze the phone and download the recovery package;
- When the analysis and scanning finishes, the Samsung file recovery lists all the files by data types for you to preview, choose from and then recover to your PC or Mac.
How to retrieve deleted files from SD card of Samsung devices?
Generally, this method lets you recover deleted files from all Samsung consumer electronic devices such as digital cameras, camcorders, mobile phones and tablets with memory cards (including SD cards and MicroSD cards).
- Download the Samsung mobile data recovery (for Windows, for Mac) and install it on your computer;
- Open the Samsung data recovery program, and hit the Recover module;
- Put the data-lost SD card in a card reader or the Samsung phone, and link with the computer, then click Next to go on.
- Choose a recovery mode and click Next.
- The Samsung data recovery tool starts to scan the data on the SD card.
- Preview the deleted files found on the card and save to your computer.
As you can see, the Android data recovery for Samsung can act as a Samsung phone recovery, Samsung tablet recovery and Samsung SD card recovery to recover deleted files from Samsung phones, tablets, cameras, camcorders and any other electronic device consumer electronic devices with an SD card or Micro SD card installed.